Bracken Ridge Library
77 Bracken Street
Bracken Ridge, Qld
The Bracken Ridge Library features a variety of facilities and services, as well as plenty of activities and events. This library is also wheelchair accessible and has community meeting rooms available for hire, including access to a kitchenette.
The new Bracken Ridge Library redevelopment project replaced a 516m2 library and Ward Office facility with a new, purpose-built 1000m2 library and co-located Ward Office, integrated into a community precinct.
The $9.5 million project reflects Council’s commitment to delivering vibrant, liveable communities with libraries as modern interactive hubs for community connection, learning and sharing. Requiring cross-Council effort, the library vision was brought to life by Council’s architect, design, and project management teams, in close consultation with Library Services, other key stakeholders and precinct partners. Careful design, management and staging ensured service continuity during the majority of the construction period.
Design objectives included:
• Attractive, modern, welcoming and safe, reflecting local identity
• Reflect and maximise the benefits of Brisbane’s subtropical outdoor lifestyle
• Functional, fit-for purpose operation combined with inspiration and uplift
• Flexible spaces which meet diverse customer needs including spaces for collection, quiet/active/collaborative spaces, community meeting/sharing spaces (meeting rooms), ensuring an enjoyable destination place to connect, read, learn, work or relax
• Improved external connections, delivering a more integrated community precinct.
Site Plan & Elevations
Library Finishes Plan
Brisbane City Council
Type of Build
Carpet & Flooring Finishings
Awards & Recognition
Missing any details? Let us know.